Case Study: Commercial, Contract, and Claims Services
The Project was a 6,000 tonne per day greenfield cement plan including a 45MW Power Plant.
Project Value $500,000,000.
Appointed to provide construction claims services on a disputed final account.
- The Client and end-user is a major cement producer in Nigeria.
- The Project duration was 34 months.
- The Main Contractor had submitted a Final Account Application that was a 33% increase on the Contract Sum
- The Main Contractor claims comprised uncertified works, an extension of time for completion, acceleration costs, disruption costs, prolongation costs, and instructed/variations to contract works.
- The Client was unable to validate the Main
- Contractor’s Final Account Application, and this led to a long-standing dispute regarding the valuation of the Final Account.
- Significant legal costs were being incurred while this dispute continued.
- We reviewed the Main Contractor’s Final Account Application and undertook validation of ambiguous quantities or items with significant variance from contract quantities.
- Developed a chronology of events for an understanding of key influencing issues that arose on the project and provided assistance to the Engineer for contractual correspondence.
- Prepared a detailed Employer’s Claim with contractual entitlement, delay analysis, cost calculations, verified 3rd party assessments, and a validated Final Account sum.